Protect Your Online Accounts
- Monitor your accounts. Regularly make sure all transactions posted to your account are ones you authorized. Report any fraudulent or suspicious activity to the bank.
- Never log on to your Online Banking account through an email. F&M does not include a link to online banking in emails for your account safety. Fraudsters could send an email with a link to redirect you to a fraudulent website designed to steal your user name and password.
- Never respond to emails that ask you to verify your identity by providing your user name and password.
- Think twice before clicking on an attachment or clicking on a link within an email.
- If you are suspicious of an email, don’t be afraid to call the bank to verify whether we sent you the email.
- Look for F&M’s secure website fmstate.bank. F&M’s web address ends in .bank. .Bank websites can not be spoofed as only banks can receive this domain name. The F&M website uses secure https. This means the URL browser line will turn green and have a picture of a lock on it signifying you are using a secure connection.
- Access your accounts from a secure location. Do not use public wi-fi as someone can easily intercept your user name and password when logging on.
- Change your password regularly.
- Use a strong password.
- Use a mix of upper and lower case letters, numbers and characters.
- Avoid using words or phrases.
- Avoid using your name, initials, birthdate.
- Change your password every few months.
- Keep your password in a safe location.
- Use a different password for each website you use.
- Protect your computer. Protecting your computer helps protect your accounts.
- Install anti-virus software.
- Make sure your firewall is turned on.
- Install updates to the computer’s operating system as they become available.
- Run anti-virus scans regularly.
NEW F&M State Bank branded mobile app! Learn More
Internet Explorer 11 is outdated. For improved security and optimized performance we highly recommend upgrading your browser. ChromeFirefoxEdge